Just because there is statutory requirement for all non-domestic premises to have the right fire safety signage, there is no reason that fire exit signs cannot be used imaginatively to fit in with your building design and decoration.
Here are some examples of the different ways that a compliant fire sign can be used.
2. Sign frames can add impact to the sign message. One option is to fit the sign into the appropriate sign frame, which can be suspended or wall mounted. Alternatively, for a more design conscious solution a Vision MX frame system, which can of course be double sided.
7. Two larger luminaires are available, for when this type of signage is required or chosen. The cylinder range comes in various options for mounting and is an elegant solution. At a very practical level are the BSI certified metal exit signs which are extremely good value for money.
8. Photoluminescent signs are both effective and alternative choices, and can be used with several of the options available to the standard fire signs.
9. Signs for the physically impaired are part of the provision that can be required under the Disability Discrimination Act. They also show an employers awareness and sensitivity to the needs of this often overlooked section of the community.
10. “Tactual” signs are particularly relevant to the visually impaired, with the wide spaced raised text incorporating Braille. Braille signs fully conforming to BS5499-2:2002 and ISO 7010, as well as Technical Bulletin 24 of the joint Mobility Unit, part of the RNIB.
11. The Hospital Sector has developed a range of fire escape signs, specifically for the sector but have proved popular in other fields too.
12. Finally there is a range of “Standard Enhanced” signs with clear acrylic and satin chrome panel supports – a very aesthetically pleasing choice, which complements the design aware decor of an office, shop etc. All in all, a much larger selection of fire and emergency escape signs than perhaps one might have imagined. The good news is that Stocksigns can supply all the ranges listed above. Why not think seriously about how you enhance your signage.