Since our announcement that Stocksigns had acquired Messagemaker Display we have been asked by many of our customers why they should use LED signs. With that in mind we have put together a few of the benefits of using LED Signage.
- Long Life Signs – Only high quality LED’s are used from reputable manufacturers who offer products with a typical life to half brightness of not less than 100,000 hours (11.4 years) continually on.
- Broad Viewing Angle – Viewing angles will vary depending on the application, typical viewing angles for Internal Displays are 160 degrees, whist typical angles for external LED’s would be 60 – 90 degrees as a more focused light is required under higher ambient light conditions.
- Ultra Bright – The brightness of an LED will depend on its viewing angle and colour, but the typical MCD values used in our displays is not less than 20 and rises to over 3000 for specific bright applications.
- Extended Viewing Distance for Text – As a general rule if you take the character height of the font being displayed in mm and half this value this typically represents the maximum recommended viewing distance i.e. a 100mm font height can be read at up to 50metres away.
- Extended Viewing Distance for Images – The viewing distance for an RGB screen displaying images is normally calculated as the pixel pitch (mm) multiplied by 1 or 1.5 giving the minimum viewing distance in metres.
- Low Maintenance – All products are designed to be maintenance free, there are no end user serviceable parts, the only maintenance required is the occasional cleaning of the screen with a non abrasive cloth and a light detergent.
- Peace of Mind – All products come with a 2 year return to factory warranty from date of original purchase as standard. In the unlikely event of any defect arising due to faulty materials or workmanship you will be required to return the unit to our factory where we will, at our discretion, either replace or repair the display free of charge. On site and 5 year warranty options are available, please speak to our sales team for details.
- Compatible –The most typical form of interface for signs is either serial using RS232/ RS485 or via Ethernet using TCP/IP protocol over a local area network. Alternative methods of communication including SMS, Modem, Radio, Bluetooth and PLC interfacing are also available on request.
- Plug and Play Installation –The majority of signs are designed to be plug and play, thus most customers carry out their own installation of product and loading of software using the comprehensive instructions provided with each display. However, if required Messagemaker do offer a dedicated installation and or commissioning service.