Vitreous enamel signs have been used for over a 100 years. However the enamelling process is believed to date back much further. We are often asked why people still choose vitreous enamel signs over more modern products. The answer is simple, nothing can compare to vitreous enamel signs in terms of;
- Fire retardant properties – Vitreous Enamel signs are chosen for underground applications
- Low maintenance – Very hard wearing
- Environmental resistance – ideal for corrosive industrial or severe atmospheres
- Long life – look as good as new for forty years or more
- Vandal Resistance – graffiti and impact resistance
These exceptionally hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing signs are often still the preferred choice for many designers. The typical hard wearing qualities associated with Vitreous Enamel are created during the skilled manufacturing process. We have created a short film to give you a brief idea of what is involved.